Re: Export > 2 gigs

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.ml.org>
Date: 1997/12/16

In article <01bd0a3c$75929c60$538ea00a_at_wcook1.kla-tencor.com>, WIll Cook <William.Cook_at_kla-tencor.com> wrote:
>Many OS have a 2 gig file limit size. If a table contains more than 2 gigs
>of data
>export files hit this limit and aborts. Even compressing during exporting
>can result
>in a output file larger than 2 gigs and again export aborts. I can pipe
>the export
>directly to import however this takes a lot of fooling around with quotas.
>Does
>anyone have a smooth solution to this type of challenge?

Bumpiness is relative.

There are several mknod-and-compress scripts floating around, that worked for me (one was on comp.databases.oracle.misc a couple of months ago, try searching with dejanews, perhaps on mknod oracle. comp.databases.oracle is actually a defunct group).

Export to tape.

Upgrade your OS.

The message board on www.tusc.com also has recently addressed this issue.

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest
jgarry_at_eiq.com                           http://www.informationquest.com