Re: Oracle to Access97 via ODBC: any ideas?

From: Richard Finney <richard.finney_at_yeg.co.uk>
Date: 1997/12/16

Hi Gianluca,

Maybe I have 2 ideas on what might possibly help solve some ODBC problems: 1. I noticed that #Error occurs when the datavalues in a field exceed the fields capacity. To solve this try building a query on the table, gradually add more fields until the #error code results, then you can identify the rogue field.
Also I notice that Microsofts ODBC drivers are More compatible with Oracle than Oracles ODBC drivers are compatible with Access, so try Microsofts to see if this gives the same problem. The only place I have found these drivers is in the Visual Basic 5 installation CD (Enterprise Edition). 2. The problem you have with Access refreshing the links to tables, I have seen only when trying to run pass through queries, so maybe you can get around this by unchecking the pass through option ?

Just a couple of ideas, I hope some help.

Have Fun - Richard. Received on Tue Dec 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message