Re: sql question

From: David Cressey <DCressey_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1997/12/16

mmcdanie_at_teleport.com (Michael McDaniel) writes: > In article <348B572B.1D63_at_netvision.net.il>,
> ministry of education <moe003_at_netvision.net.il> wrote:
> }I have a table with multiple exact duplicate rows.No indexes. How do I
> }delete all duplicate rows to get a single occurrence for each row?
> }
> }Thanx.

Pardon me for jumping in.

first, create a clone of the original table with the same columns as the original table. Lets call them tableA and tableB.

Now populate the new table as follows:

insert into tableB
select distinct * from tableA;

This will eliminate exact duplicates as it copies the data to tableB.

You can take it from here. Received on Tue Dec 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message