Re: Message Queueing

From: <blanders_at_mcleod.net_at_mcleod.net>
Date: 1997/12/15

You might want to look at MQ Series from IBM, guarantees delivery of a message received by the 'server' to its destination. There's still the problem of server not receiving messages when it is down. A solution to this is they have a low level version for Winders (client machines) that is a single user server. The message is then received at the 'server' and forwarded when the real server shows up. Trigger processes can be set up at server to update DB when 1 to x messages are in the queue.