Re: Stored procedures

From: GRBoomer <grboomer_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/12/14

I had the same problem with CRecordset. My solution was to use the MS db-library to access the database. This library is shipped on the SQL Server CD. Help can be found in the on-line books.

The library has a whole host of functions for stored procedures: passing variables, getting variables back from the calling list, return values from the stored procedure, etc.

This is a library written in C. I ended up writing a wrapper class around it and using it for all my database communications. Faster than ODBC. You do not have to create a new class for every query. Downside is it is not as clean (programming wise) as CRecordset.

Good examples are on the CD that show how to implement stored procedures.

Best of luck
Thomas J Addison Received on Sun Dec 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message