Re: ORACLE Home Directory Problem!!

From: E. Blaine <peroni_at_email.msn.com>
Date: 1997/12/10

I have two questions. First, has this remedy been tested and found effective? 2. Does the Oracle uninstall process do a complete cleanup of the NT registry and INI files?
I have had a similar problem on an NT server and I don't believe it was caused by forcing a 16 bit app. to acknowledge a 32 bit home (although I inherited the server setup, and this may have happened in the past). I am inclined to believe that it has something to do with the 16 bit installer that Oracle refuses to take with it when it runs the uninstall process. My remedy for this problem has been to use the 32 bit installer (on the hard disk) for all software updates. I would TRULY like to see this problem go away completely. Can you provide me with answers to my two questions? Received on Wed Dec 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message