Problem in Create database link

From: Richard <liupo_at_netvigator.com>
Date: 1997/12/03

Hi,
I am using Oracle Workgroup 7.3.2 for Winnt and I have setup two database with names: TUAT, PROD and with same instance name. There is a
problem for me to create the public/private database link. As both databases are create by files copying from a database with with name UAT,
so rename the database to TUAT, PROD by recreate the control files. After I
have rename them, I have verified the database name by 'Select * from v$databae;' and find the database name is correctly showed. However, as I create public/private database link, problem occurs. After

successfully creating db link at prod, execute any sql through db link will
hang the computer. Moreover, when create a db link at tuat by issuing the
statement "create public database link pord connect to user identified by
usepwd using 'tns:prod';", oracle error msg occur said that 'the db link of
prod.world are point to uat.world!'. However, when I change the statement
to "create public database link uat connect to user identified by userpwd
using 'tns:prod'", another oracle error msg occurs said that 'the database
link is looping back!'.
Is there anything do I need to set after recreate the control files before creating the database link?
TIA. Man Yeung Received on Wed Dec 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message