Re: Informix vs. Sybase vs. Oracle vs. (gasp) MS SQL Server

From: Anthony Mandic <no_sp.am_at_agd.nsw.gov.au>
Date: 1997/12/02

Gary L. Burnore wrote:

> On 01 Dec 1997 10:31:26 -0700, Pablo Sanchez <pablo_at_sgi.com> wrote:
>
> :
> : Sybase..... 39,469 tpmC
> : Informix... 24,309 tpmC
> :
> :That's a 62% performance increase by using Sybase. Now I
> :grant you that I believe that we'll see Informix
> :Inc. publishing even higher numbers but that's not my
> :point.
>
> Of course it's not your point. Your point is obvious. Were INFORMIX's
> published numbers higher, you'd be speaking a different tune, no?

	You seem to be missing the point. Try reading up on the
	specs of the TPC-C benchmark. Check out the TPC site.

	The real point is that RLL isn't critical to an application.
	I think this is what Pablo has been trying to get across.
	His remark about Informix's numbers going higher is
	obvious. Like any other company they are continually
	refining their products to stay competitive.

-am Received on Tue Dec 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message