Re: connect string trouble

From: (wrong string) ørgen Jørgensen <gardsted_at_image.dkZZZ>
Date: 1997/11/29

I seemed to have missed out on an important issue :

Installing 16-bit Windows Support Files

So I guess, my troubles are over so far. Here's an excerpt from the installation notes, saying what to do. Remember to install RSFnn depending
on the version
of the Personal Oracle.

If you want to develop 16-bit client applications, install Oracle7 ODBC and
Oracle Objects
for OLE. To do this, use the following instructions:

   1.Navigate to the Windows directory of your release media.
   2.Double-click SETUP.EXE.
   3.Select a language when prompted. You can either choose OK to accept
either the
     default language or the language that was previously installed.

     The Oracle Installation Settings dialog box appears. You are
prompted
for the

     company name and the location of the Oracle home directory.

   4.Enter your company name or accept the default if given.

   5.Accept the default Oracle home directory path by choosing OK.

     The default drive and directory path on which to install the Oracle products are filled

     in. The default path is \Orawin. If you want to change the destination
drive or

     directory, type in the path, then click OK. Please note that the directory name must be

     eight characters or fewer.

     The Software Asset Manager dialog box appears.

   6.Select appropriate products from the following list:

         Required Support Files to update or install
         ODBC and Oracle Objects for OLE to install
--
antispam notice :
Fjern venligst ZZZ fra min email-adresse /