Re: Informix vs. Sybase vs. Oracle vs. (gasp) MS SQL Server

From: Pablo Sanchez <pablo_at_sgi.com>
Date: 1997/11/25

Cosmo>
Cosmo> There are applications where anything other than row
Cosmo> level locking simply won't do.

Sorry, you're wrong here...

Cosmo> The fact that you are making such a broad sweeping
Cosmo> general statement should clue you in to to the
Cosmo> fallacy of your own position.

The proof is in the pudding (as they say), call my bluff. Rather than venting hot air that "you're wrong and I'm right" call my bluff (if you think so).

Show me The Application and I'll redesign it. I'll need to know:

  1. The ER diagram and
  2. The business problem that we're solving

There are *many* ways to solve an application so I'd love to see The Application (you claim) that:

--
Pablo Sanchez              | Ph # (650) 933.3812          Fax # (650) 933.2821
pablo_at_sgi.com              | Pg # (800) 930.5635   -or-   pablo_p_at_pager.sgi.com

Original text of this message