Need help with error:String cannot be converted to number

From: Ingar F Pedersen <ingar_at_ks-t.no>
Date: 1997/11/25

I am getting this error on some(!) machines running a program developed using MSVC 4.1 and the Visigenic Oracle ODBC driver (version 1.03.0009), and not on other machines. All machines have installed the same ODBC driver, and all machines access the same oracle database.

I'm getting the following from the driver:

String cannot be converted to number
State: 22005, Native: 0, Origin:[Visigenic][ODBC Oracle driver]

The variable that cuases the problem is defined as a double in my program, and is defined as NUMBER(12,2) in the database tables.

Please help, this error is getting on my nerves.....

Regards

Ingar Pedersen
ingar_at_ks-t.no Received on Tue Nov 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message