Re: Help!

From: Michael Jenc <jenc_at_cas_software.de>
Date: 1997/11/20

Benjamin H. Tay wrote:

> Hi,
> When I was typing below the SQL statement, I got an error and I do not know
> what it means, can someone help? By the way, I was inserting some data
> (values) into the table through a script file, adn the system showed that
> table created and rows inserted...So I assume it would work fine,
> but........
>
> SQL> select * from contact;
> ERROR:
> ORA-00932: Message 932 not found; No message file for product=RDBMS72,
> facility=ORA
>
> no rows selected
>
> Please help, your help is greatly appreciated!

Hi,

this means that you select from a table which has a column that can't be displayed as text (some binary fields). Try to select only the other columns...

BTW Try to express the problem in the subject line. Because I and probably
others too tend to read those only. If I see something for which I might possibly
have a solution I open the posting for further reading.

Bye Michael

                    Michael Jenc
                 CAS Software GmbH
                 Karlsruhe, Germany

Replace the '_' with '-' in E-mail address to contact me Received on Thu Nov 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message