Re: Could someone Help?

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.ml.org>
Date: 1997/11/19

In article <01bcf521$fa6b6780$0c64b783_at_www.htay.edu>, Benjamin H. Tay <htay_at_uoft02.utoledo.edu> wrote:
>Hi:
>
>I am having a trouble when I insert values to a table, could someone figure
>out the below error code:
>
>ERROR at line 1:
>ORA-00001: Message 1 not found; No message file for product=RDBMS72,
>facility=ORA; arguments:
>[ISOM6750] [CONT_PK_EMPNO_CUSTID_CONT_DATE]
>
>Thanks in advance, your help is greatly appreiated!
>--
>Sincerely,
>

>Benjamin Tay

Looks like you have more than one error. The first error is the lack of an error file. This probably means you have some sort of environment problem, or installation problem.

the second error is

00001, 00000, "unique constraint (%s.%s) violated"

// *Cause: An update or insert statement attempted to insert a duplicate key
//         For Trusted ORACLE configured in DBMS MAC mode, you may see
//         this message if a duplicate entry exists at a different level.
// *Action: Either remove the unique restriction or do not insert the key

The ...PK... parameter seems to be indicating you can only enter a complex primary key once, and you are trying to do it a second time.

You could probably get more help if you included such information as your computer configuration, including any tools you are trying to use.

If you are on a unix configuration, you can see the error cause and action with the oerr program.