Re: PL/SQL procedures returning large data array to SQLWindows

From: Christian Derreth <CHRISTIAN.DERRETH.CD_at_bayer-ag.de>
Date: 1997/11/12

Wolfgang Diestelkamp wrote:

> We are having problems with a PL/SQL procedure that should return a
> large array of strings like
>
> TYPE sArray IS TABLE OF VARCHAR2(256) INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER;
>
> PROCEDURE Read_strings
> (nStrings IN OUT number,
> sStrings IN OUT sArray);
>
> Where the the procedure fill the array with ~120 strings. Everything
> works fine, but if I define sArray with a string-length greater than 256
> the procedure call crashes (somewhere above Oracle it seems, since I
> can't trap any exception).
> Any hints anyone ?
>
> /WD

Dear Wolfgang,

what is the SAL datatype of the variable that receives the output from Oracle? The SQL Router for Oracle accepts max. 254 chars into a string variable; for > 254 chars you need a long var.

Hope this helps.

Christian. Received on Wed Nov 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message