Re: Oracle speed

From: Marc Scheuner <marc.scheuner_at_NO.SPAM.PLEASE.ch>
Date: 1997/11/12

"Fredrik Larsson" <mail2fred _at_ hotmail.com> wrote:
>>(Ask your System
>> Administrator for Advice)
>
>I really like those phrases... When something screws up that dialogue pops
>up "Contact the system administrator..." - What if I am that darn sys
>admin??? Haven't anyone thought of that... Sorry dudes just a small drift
>from the subject...

Well, okay, in that case you need to build up some knowledge and expertise in terms of tuning an Oracle database.

It can be done: there are lots of good books on the subject, training classes, lots of experienced DBA's in the oracle.* newsgroups that can help you.........

The only problem is: Oracle is a VERY BIG beast, learning how to fine tune it is more than a fulltime job, and making it run is full time work, too. So maybe you can't do it all by yourself......

Marc

[ Marc Scheuner, marc.scheuner_at_berner.ch CH-3001 BERNE, Switzerland ]