Re: oraperl

From: Phil R Lawrence <prl2_at_lehigh.edu>
Date: 1997/11/12

Jacqui Caren <Jacqui.Caren_at_ig.co.uk> wrote in article <EJI0Dx.JEo_at_ig.co.uk>...
> This is not Oraperl but oraperl the perl4 extension?
> What version of oracle do you have? It is a reasonable release?
> If so then, consider getting perl5 and DBI DBD::Oracle and Oraperl.pm
> see http://www.hermetica.com/technologia/DBI/

I had been told by members of my shop that the DBI idea was great but perhaps too ambitious - that it didn't work well for Oracle. They currently incorporate "use oraperl" in their perl scripts. Could they be using the 2nd thing you mention (Oraperl.pm) or is that a part of DBI DBD::Oracle? What are the problems you know of using DBI DBD::Oracle? How about using oraperl for Perl 4 with Perl 5, if that is indeed what my shop is doing? Received on Wed Nov 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message