Q: Data Cartridges

From: myName <myName_at_myCompany.com>
Date: 1997/11/11

Hello !

I'm looking for information about *DATA* Cartridges. What I have found so far is not very much.

Well, they are part of Oracle's NCA located in/by the data server and they can be used to extend the DB by a new data type.
-But what is the difference to a 'normal' package ?
-I read that cartrdiges have access to extensible database services,
what are these services? And how do cartridges access the
-I also heard, that data cartridges have some low level access to the DB
(e.g. the query optimizer). Is this true?
-WRB Cartriges are more or less dyn. libs. registered in the WRB and
they are called by request. How does it work with data cartridges?

If there is anybody who has more information or knows where I can find the answers to my questions, please post your answer or mail it to schaarsc_at_scr.siemens.com

Thank you
Christian

PS:There is some stuff on www.oracle.com, but I look for something more concrete or a source code example, not a white paper like: we have a framework for a n-tier problem, which is very good, very open and you can write SW that fits in that framework. I'm looking for the how to do that. And what can I do?

--

Christian Schaarschmidt
SCR Princeton Received on Tue Nov 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message