Re: ORACLE AIX on IBM RS6000-SP

From: Dave Clarke <dave_at_keve.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/11/08

"JANIN" <michel.janin_at_cnav.fr> wrote:

>We have many IBM RS/6000-SP with 4 SMP nodes (604e processors).
>
>We run this configuration in single nodes with AIX 4 (with PSSP, but without
>OPS, HPS and VSD)
>
>ORACLE doesn't want to support us, if we install ORACLE 7 version AIX.
>
>ORACLE says that we have to install the version ORACLE for IBM SP.
>
>It's a problem for us because we have also many classical configurations
>RISC/6000, and we are not sure that our applications are full compatible
>with ORACLE for IBM SP.
>
>I am looking for information about this problem.
>
>Has anybody a experience of this situation ?
>
>Cordialement/regards
>
>Sorry for my english

You only need SP specific Oracle if you're going to use Parallel Server, other than that standard AIX oracle is fine, incidently if you're using HACMP then you have to use the AIX version as the SP version assumes VSD's ..etc.

In Oracle V8 we have convergence and it's one Oracle version for both AIX and SP2 Received on Sat Nov 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message