Re: Fragmentation in Oracle

From: Dave <dsingh_at_tgtsolutions.com>
Date: 1997/11/07

I'm not disputing your test results, however, I have personally reviewed the documentation that was released by Oracle on this topic, and have discussed this specific topic with other DBA's.

We have very large tables and when we drop and recreate the index with the same parameters, the new index is smaller than the old index.

I'll try your test and see what happens. Oracle even suggests dropping and re-creating index on the occasion as this results in the index being re-sorted.

Thanks,

Dave Received on Fri Nov 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message