Re: Oracle Database Sizing for Peoplesoft Financials

From: Doug Barnes <dwb_at_rell. <dwb_at_rell.">
Date: 1997/10/29

Peter Merks wrote:

> We hvae installing Peoplesoft v7 Financials (GL/AP/AM modules) against
> Oracle v7.3 on HP/UX with 32 Gig of disk and intend on going live early
> 1998. The company does approximately 600,000 invoices a year. I have a
> peoplesoft v5 sizing spreadsheet but the numbers are coming out higher then
> expected. Was wondering if anyone has implemented similar modules of PS
> and if so could they send me the sum total of their tablespace sizes and
> the size of their larger tables? I'm very interested in real life
> measurments rather then vague projections for approximate machine sizing.
>
> Thanks,
> Peter Merks
> Winnipeg, Manitoba
> pmerks_at_northwest.ca
> pmerks_at_online-can.com

We've got GL on UNIX. Going to add several of the other modules in the next couple of months. With archive logs, hot backup of the DB to disk every night (as well as tape BU). We are using ~12GB for DB (datafiles, redo logs, control files, ...) I have to have the same for the HOT backup AND the occasional exports. This adds another 15~GB (12 for the copy of the DB, 2 for the export, some for the archive redo logs from the archive log switches). That's about 27GB for us. I'm sure as we add the other modules I'll have to re-architect things and grow it. A new twist is were going to try a UNIX cluster and OPS. This forces us into RAW disk partitions. I want to TRY get a GOOD estimate when we move from a single instance to the multiple instance against the same DB so I can get the disk arrays a little better organized on the 1st pass.

--
Remove the NOSPAM to E-mail me.  Tired of the MLM schemes.