Re: DBD-Oracle-0.47.tar.gz corrupted?

From: Faust Gertz <faust_at_wwa.com>
Date: 1997/10/29

On 28 Oct 1997 11:48:50 -0700, lmulcahy_at_nyx.net (Larry Mulcahy) wrote:

>I've tried to download this half a dozen times and each time I wind up
>with something that (gnu) zcat doesn't recognize. Yes, I know about
>setting FTP to binary mode, though I've mostly been trying to do this
>from Netscape.

That may be your problem. I have had problems with Nutscrape insisting on downloading files in ASCII mode when I have tried to specify they be downloaded in binary mode. Since you know all about binary and ASCII mode and apparently suspect that Nutscrape could be to blame, why don't you try using a solid FTP program instead of a web browser to do your file transfers.

Just a thought . . .

Faust Gertz
Philosopher at Large Received on Wed Oct 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message