Using MS Query on Oracle 7.4 tables and getting 3121 error

From: Steve <XX_swulz_at_SPAM.FREE.ti.com>
Date: 1997/10/28

I am attempting to extract data from Oracle 7.4 tables. I am using SQL*net client 2.3.2.1.3 and Oracle 7 32bit drivers 2.0.3.1.1

I can use Access97 against the same tables with no problem, so I know I have the drivers installed correctly.

When I run MS Query and try to "attach" a table I get the error "Unable to connect to database server. Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed. Pressing the help button gives me  "Driver error.
This error was returned by the driver. For more information, check the documentation for the driver you are currently using."

I'm sure this is the current driver.

In researching the problem at oracle.com, it says that ms query is a version 6 product and I need to use ora6win.dll. However, it does not tell me how to do this.

Anybody got Office 97s version of MS Query to hit an Oracle 7.4 table??? I just want MS Query to pull in information to an Excel pivot table. I'm trying to develop an <easy> reporting tool for RTIS.

Steve

swulz AT ti DOT com banshee AT flash DOT net (please replace AT with _at_ and DOT with .)

Dear Spambot: Please make my elected officials aware of your malicious activities:
president_at_whitehouse.gov
vice.president_at_whitehouse.gov
first.lady_at_whitehouse.gov
senator_at_hutchison.senate.gov
sam.tx03_at_mail.house.gov Received on Tue Oct 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message