Problems getting Java applets to work in Designer 2000 generated web pages.

From: <milton.stemmler_at_pidwights.com>
Date: 1997/10/22

I am having trouble getting some Java applets I downloaded from Sun Microsystem's web site to work. My current configuration is Windows 95 on my desktop, Oracle 7 Server ver 7.3.2.1.0, Oracle Web Application Server 3.0, Oracle Designer 2000 ver 1.3.2, and Netscape Communicator 4.03. I have wrapped the *.html file, that came with the Java applets from Sun, with a PL/SQL package which has been installed on the Oracle 7 server. I am calling a function in the PL/SQL package from Designer 2000/Module Data Diagrammer/Detailed Usages/Page Text/Default Area that calls to the Java applet *.class file. Designer 2000 generates the web application without any errors but when I run the web application Netscape loads Java and then returns the following error:

"Applet 'name' can't start error.java.lang.ClassFormatError: Bad Magic Number"

What's going on?

From Windows95/Explorer I can double click on the *.html file that came with the applet and Netscape loads and runs the applet without any problems. HELP!! I have tried every work around I can think of but to no avail. If anyone has experienced this same problem or has any suggestions please respond.

Thank you for your help.

Milton Stemmler