Re: Oracle on NT , backups??

From: Brian J. Bonert <bbonert_at_stbern.mhs.compuserve.com>
Date: 1997/10/21

In article <877470410.29548_at_dejanews.com>, shailesh.doshi_at_wcom.com says...
> We are planning many projects on Oracle on NT.
> What do people do for backups?
> I know there is OCOPY73 which can take hot backup of database.
> But what about backing up files like parameter file, control files etc.
> and what is the recovery tool for OCOPY??
>
> How do people schedule hot and cold backups on NT?
>
> What are the differences running Oracle on NT as opposed to on UNIX?
>
> One of them is that there is only one service running for Oracle on a NT
> box.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thankx a bunch in anticipation,
> Shailesh Doshi
> shailesh.doshi_at_wcom.com

Check out the product that my company develops. I work for St. Bernard Software and we develop a utility that works on both NT and NW servers. In a nutshell, we do management of files that are open, such as databases and email systems, so they appear to be closed and transactionally sound to the backup, yet at the same time the files are open and still available to processes or users. It's a very simple installation and it's been on the market for several years now. Feel free to visit our website and grab a copy of the fully functional live trial. It is at www.stbernard.com. If you have any questions please feel free to call us either into the sales office at 800.782.3762 or direct to technical support at 619.676.5050.

Brian J. Bonert
St. Bernard Software
Midwest Territory Manager
"We don't do backup, we make yours better" Received on Tue Oct 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message