Re: Using Oracle Programmer 2000 with Microsoft Visual C++ 4.2 or 5.0

From: Michael Krolewski <mkrolews_at_upw.com>
Date: 1997/10/18

Remon Spekreijse wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have problems using Oracle Programmer ProC/C++ with Microsoft Visual
> C++. The precompiler (added within a custom build) has problems with the
> standard headerfile stdafx.h. Visual C++ adds #ifdef XXX #define above all
> headerfiles. In Visual C++ this is a very long string (more than 30
> characters).
>
> It seems that the precompiler doesn't accept string longer than 30
> characters. How to handle this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Remon & Henk

Assuming that what you suggest is real (???), I would suggest that you isolate
the ProC code to a single file that does not contain the offending headers,
and create an appropriate header (class ??) that ties this file in.
Obviously,
the precompiler should only be assocatiated with the ProC file.

Mike Krolewski Received on Sat Oct 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message