Re: Need help editing Reports 2.5 Output

From: Quyen Lam <qlam_at_dme.qld.gov.au>
Date: 1997/10/15

Crawford wrote:

> In much the same was as Microsoft's Access report generator will create a
> .rtf file (which is, of course, editable), I would like to edit a
> Reports25-generated non-ascii output file.
>
> I believe Reports25's non-ascii filetype is postscript format. Whatever
> the case may be, ultimately, my goal is to get the output into Microsoft's
> Word 7.0 so that users can edit to their heart's content!
>
> Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this? Whatever steps, suggestions
> or utilities you would like to share are welcome.
>
> Thanks,
> --John

You can output your report in the ASCII format. In the report 2.5, you need to set the Initial Value for the following Paramters field in the System Paramters under DATA Model;

  • DESNAME -> xxxx.txt where Xs is the output filename
  • DESTYPE -> File
  • MODE -> Character

Hope this will solve your problem

Cheers

Quyen Lam Received on Wed Oct 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message