Re: oracle datamart - partioned views

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/10/09

Well folks,
I'm still trying to clear out my free extents. The problem is in the fet$ table.

Creating an extent means deleting an entry from fet$ with the SQL:   delete from fet$ where file# = :1 and block# = :2 and ts# = :3

But fet$ is clustered on ts#, has no other indexes, and I created all my partitions in the same tablespace.
I've got 25,000 entries under a single hash cluster key, so this delete statement is averaging 1 second
per execution ----

Seems like I'll be waiting for about 7 hours to clear the mess - perhaps drop tablespace would be a better bet.

Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote in article <01bcd4f2$5af71e50$294b989e_at_WORKSTATION>...