Re: (What is the optimal Oracle tools repertoire for an installation?)

From: Mario van Essen <marvaes_at_hacom.nl>
Date: 1997/10/08

When starting with Oracle then Oracle Enterprise manager (free from Oracle 7.3) will do the job for you. Later on, based on your requirements (security, performance, flexible user management, backup and restore, SQL programming, etc.) there are more goodies on the market. However, there is a lot of good shareware on the Net that will do the DBA jobs as well (based on having Enterprise manager for the basics). Most of the better shareware tools and SQL packages are more usable than some commercial software tools...

Mario