Re: Need Help for Developing a Form

From: Alex Heney <a.j.heney_at_btNOinterSPAMnet.com>
Date: 1997/10/03

On 3 Oct 1997 02:54:38 GMT, "Benjamin H. Tay" <htay_at_uoft02.utoledo.edu> wrote:

>Hi,
>I was trying to build a form application with several text boxes, and
>navigation buttons. However, I would like to enhance some security
>integration as follows:
>
>*When I willingly or unwillingly change a data (when I hit the keyboard,
>exclude mouse click to the text box), I would like to disable all the
>navigation buttons (next, previous, first, and last), then CANCEL and SAVE
>buttons will be active that can force users click one of them...So when I
>click CANCEL will "clear_record" and SAVE will "commit_record".
>
>Can anyone help? In what trigger so I enforce? Any codes provided will be
>greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

The best way we have presently found is to use the ON-LOCK trigger. This fires whenever any attempt is made to change data in a base-table item, or in a non-base-table item where the 'lock record' property is set to TRUE. This property is not available for non-base-table 'mouse' items such as checkboxes, so you must change a base-table item in the WHEN-CHECKBOX-CHANGED trigger or similar to force ON-LOCK to fire.

You must also make sure that as well as setting the button properties, you call the Forms built in Lock_Record within the ON-LOCK trigger, otherwise the record will not actually be locked.

--
The above posting represents the personal opinions of the author and
is not to be taken as official (or unofficial) policy or opinions of

Remove XSPAM from mail_id if replying via email.
Alex Heney, Living in the Global Village.