parallel query and functions

From: carl christianson <Cchristi_at_fred.net>
Date: 1997/09/24

Hello All,
I read in O'Reilly's Oracle Performance Tuning book that you can use the Parallel Query Option in Oracle to parallelize your function calls in a select statement.
I have several queries that this would greatly aid. In our application we have several queries that get around outer joins by using stored functions. Most are in the form of "select func1(), func2(),.... from dual;" where each of the functions do the access to the various tables. I have been unable to get such a query to run in parallel. I've tried hints and I have tried altering the parallel degree of dual. Is this something that can be done or did O'Reilly mislead me? thanks
Carl Christianson
(please respond via email (Cchristi_at_fred.net) Received on Wed Sep 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message