Database Performance

From: <rajarshi_at_peritus.com>
Date: 1997/09/24

Hello :

   I am looking for some low level database performance statistics.

We basically try to have an estimate of
RELATIVE performance (in terms of speed) for database read, write, join etc. Since its only a relative performance issue, the particular database or the machine used may not have an impact, so long same systems were used through out the experiment.

   Database Read : Single record from disk with different record size

                     Block of records from disk with diff. record sizes.

   Database Write : <same as read>

   Database Joins : Speed of different joins with diffenent table and  record sizes.

   Database select : Similar results.

  So all the statistics should be with respect to time. Is it possible to  get any idea about number of disk accesses ?

Can anybody tell me where can I find these statistics ? This is very important and urgent to me.

Please reply to me directly at rajarshi_at_peirtus.com so that it gets my immediate attention.

Thank you for your time.

Best,

     Rajarshi Chatterjee