Re: forms 5.0 and OCX, eg. Tree View

From: David C. Navas <jazz_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1997/09/23

In article <3427914E.4D6C3BDE_at_pbj.dk> Karsten Weikop <kw_at_pbj.dk> writes:
>I need some documentation how to implement this
>OCX. Also I need some doc about the use of
>the methods and the properties.

Open the layout editor, create an OCX of the desired type, and try clicking on the HELP property palette choice for the OCX. Forms tries to find the documentation that was shipped with the OCX (of course, if there isn't any to begin with... ;/)

>I have used the new facility in forms 5.0, the OLE
>importer (which is very good),

Thank you [or is that You're Welcome?]
I got just as tired trying to figure out how to use our OLE support as you folks probably have -- especially given that certain companies located in the Northwest of the US have a rather regrettable tendency to implement completely incompatible OLE interfaces for every release....

Although I don't work at Oracle any longer, and can't help you much with examples, I hope the help file and the importer gives you a starting point, at least.

Good luck!

--
David Navas                jazz_at_netcom.com           david_navas_at_kivasoft.com
"What we anticipate seldom occurs; what we least expected generally happens."