Re: FORM LOAD PROBLEM

From: Ian C. Sellers <icslu_at_boco.co.gov>
Date: 1997/09/16

Virginia,

Check out the built-ins. typically use do_key() to ensure any key triggers will fire.

do_key(enter_query)  to enter query mode
do_key(execute_query) to execute the query
do_key(exit) to cancel "ENTER-QUERY" mode (test system mode variable to see
what
mode you're in first).

You may put these in button triggers or when-window-activated triggers, etc.

Note: The trouble I have, is getting it back out of ENTER-QUERY mode without executing a query when I want to call a new form from the menu after entering ENTER-QUERY mode. Although it works if used in triggers within the form, the do_key(exit) code does not get you out of ENTER-QUERY mode if it is called from the menu-item code. As I've posted this problem to this group twice before without any responses, any thoughts or tips on how to facilitate this would still be much appreciated.

Good Luck!
-Ian