Re: What is a relational database?

From: Chinna <jchinna_at_enron.com>
Date: 1997/09/15

A relational database comprises of tables, some of which are related by common
columns. for example there are two tables employee and dept. They are joined by
a common column "dept_no".

Employee:			Dept:
name				dept_no
address				dept_name
phone				dept_desc

dept_no

dept_no is a foreign key to employee table and is a primary key to dept table.

Let me know if you have questions,
Chinna

MVCS <nospam-mvcs_at_idt.net> wrote in article <341ace22.2572576_at_news.idt.net>...