Silicon Valley Startup Needs Web Database Developer

From: Larry Snyder <larree_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1997/08/14

Silicon Valley Opportunity

We are looking for a smart, calm and competent Database Engineer to participate in the earliest development stages of an exciting e-Catalog.

We have the idea, the funding, a small group of good people and just about everything except the right DBE.

Qualified engineers are experienced with SQL, HTML, Perl5, database application development and database publishing.

Product/Task Description:

        Design and development of the "backend" which will
        support an Internet published e-Catalog.  Data must be
        retrieved from our customer's database, augmented with
        additional information and made available to our web server.

        Applicants should have experience building complete sites
        which serve content from a database back end, serving this
        content via templates, as well as setting up, administering
        and performance tuning the database server.

Work Environment, etc.:
        Low-stress development environment offering high degree of
        autonomy and a rule against working ridiculously long hours.

Note:
        This is a full-time position. Contractors and Head-Hunters
        need not respond.

Contact Information:

        Larry Snyder
        408-323-1101 - FAX and voicemail