Database recovery using ARCserve backup of open files?

From: <wuk_at_hss.edu>
Date: 1997/08/05

We have an Oracle NT 7.1 database running under windows NT 3.51. We had a NTFS Hard Disk crash that we were not able to bring back up. The vendor of the database is Blakbaud and they use a run time version of Oracle.

We have been using ARCserve to back up the database. We however, never
brought the database down before preformming the backup. Arcserve never
indicated that the database files were open and the files on the tape appear to have the correct time stamp and file size. (we now understand
that we should have taken these measures to ensure a proper backup)

We have restored the last backup from tape and try to bring up the database.
We recieve the following error messages :

ORA-01122: database file 1 failed verification check
ORA-01110: data file 1 e:\blakbaud\data\sys1.ora
ORA-01207: file is more recent than control

Is there any way to recover the data base using the ARCserve backup understanding that the database files were backed up while they were open?

As with all datbase crashes we are desperate for help and would appericate
any input you might have.

Thank You in Advance