HELP: Error looking up remote object

From: Charles Biami <cwbiami_at_amoco.com>
Date: 1997/08/04

We are trying to update a remote database using a trigger. The trigger appears to be working fine, however when the remote database is down the trigger fails with the
following error 04052 error looking up remote object and 01034 oracle not available.
The trigger include an OTHERS exception handler that does not appear to be getting executed. This leads me to believe, the error is occuring when the execution
plan is being generated. Does anyone have any ideas on how we can correct or work around this? Received on Mon Aug 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message