Re: connecting database

From: Mr.)Joon-Eon Kwon <">
Date: 1997/07/31

anil wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I a beginner trying to create my first form using Developer2000/ Forms
> Designer.(using personal oracle7 for windows 95).
>
> 1) I first created a new form in the object Navigator and selected the
> module within the new form and changed it as emp and pressed entered.
>
> 2) After that i clicked file/save the CONNECT Dialouge Box appeared.
> I entered username : scott
> (for sql*plus 3.2 also i use the same username and password)
> Password: tiger
> Database:
> Then when pressed connect it got error message ORA-03121
>
> Please Kindly let me know how to connect to Database from form designer
> please email me to anil_at_monmouth.com

Hi!
I am also a starter. I faced same problem some days ago so, I hope my answer become helpful one for you.

At first, please make a name of 'Windows' section and same name of 'Canvas-Views' next. Open 'Blocks' by double click and inter the table name of scott's(you want to make form). If you press TAB key Block name would be changed automatically.

You can go 'Items' section and click 'Select Column' then Oracle ask user name and password.

When I worked by order as above, the error message was not shown. If the error messge is being shown continually, please stop all databse and re-start this work.

If you success, please let me know it.

bye.. Received on Thu Jul 31 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message