Re: Oracle to Access Conversion

From: Derek Licciardi <kressilac_at_unidial.com>
Date: 1997/07/30

Personal Oracle Lite uses 2MB disk space and runs in 1MB ram. This should be small enough. It has far more features from the database standpoint in that it works with most SQL and it also works with Developer and Discoverer. Try that out instead of using that nasty db called access.

Derek Licciardi

ps Oh btw MS is not supporting JFC from Sun. The only problem MS has is itself cause of bonehead moves like this.

bmurray_at_njcc.com wrote:

> We have developed an application in Vb hitting an Oracle back-end over
>
> an RDO connection. We need to make a lightweight version of the app
> using a desktop database. Personal Oracle is out because of the
> nightmares we have had getting it installed on different machines and
> it is just too big. Access would be nice, but converting the SQL is
> a pain. Are the any utilities that will convert Oracle SQL to Access
> for you on the fly? We can do some of the work on our own, but
> converting the table joins is a pain because Access handles it
> quite differently.
>
> Please respond by mail as well as to the groups
>
> Brad
>
> -------------------==== Posted via Deja News

Derek Licciardi
kressilac_at_unidial.com