Comments: Minimum PC H/W to run Oracle Developer 2000?

From: doug a blaisdell <dougb_at_world.std.com>
Date: 1997/07/28

Hi Everbuddy--

I just came from a job doing admin for Oracle 7.3 on NT4.0, and some design with Designer 2000, and found out what a resource hog NT4.0 is.

On my vacation (serious hackerness), I'd like to get familiar with Developer 2000 on my PC at home. It's a P133, 32MB, 2.5 Gig. I can get a trial copy for either 3.1, Win 95, or Win NT from Oracle. Also, to cut down overhead, I suppose I could run against a trial copy of Personal Oracle 7, instead of the full blown database.

I wonder whether I should run NT, since it has considerable overhead of its own, but on the other hand, NT doesn't crash all the time, like Win 3.1.

Has anyone had experience with the stability/performance of Dev. 2000 on any of these platforms, and have any comments about minimum hardware requirements?? I'd appreciate it.

thanks,
doug Received on Mon Jul 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message