Database Won't Start

From: ShimSoft <shimsoft_at_wport.com>
Date: 1997/07/27

I lost two datafiles that were in the /tmp directory of a Sun Solaris 2.4 system. I did not know at the time that this directory is never backed up and is deleted whenever you do a reboot. I did a reboot and lost everything I had in that directory. I can't start the database because it keeps looking for the missing datafiles and shuts itself down when it can't find them. I tried doing a FORCE and RECOVER start but it had no effect. I don't have a backup with the missing datafiles. Is there a way to start up the database without those datafiles? Received on Sun Jul 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message