JDBC on Solaris

From: Elizabeth Gene <eliz_at_bae.bellcore.com>
Date: 1997/07/24

I am using Oracle's JDBC driver on Solaris (oci7, JDK1.0.2, standalone application). I believe there is a memory leak associated with retrieving data from the database. My process size increases monotonically as I retrieve data, even when the database connection is closed. This is not the case when I run the same program on NT - I can see the process size shrink and grow during normal usage.

Has anyone used this driver in a production application? We have a customer going live with our product in the very near future, and our database server crashes with "out of virtual memory" errors.

Have you seen anything like this?

Please respond by email and I will summarize if there is interest.

Thanks,

Elizabeth Received on Thu Jul 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message