Oracle / SCO Unix / Perl

From: Barry Roomberg <broomberg_at_ccgroupnet.com>
Date: 1997/07/22

I'm having great difficulty installing DBD:ORACLE extensions for perl 5.003 under SCO Unix.
I can compile / test perl itself fine (Using GCC). DBI goes in fine. also. I get killed when trying to install the Oracle DBD extension. It tells me I gotta
either link in DBI statically or install the dynaloader. When I try to redo PERL
with dynaloader on, it askes me which one to use, and none of them say SCO. When I chose the "open" one, the compile failed later.

When I try to follow the instruction for the "static" link, it fails differently (sorry,
not at my system at the moment for the exact message.

When I take the PERL SOURCE tree off of ftp.sco.com and DON'T run the sh Configure ie: use the config.sh that came with it, PERL compiles, installed OK, but the DBD:Oracle extension compile fails, telling me I'm missing "fsync"!

ARRRGGG! While I typically don't consider myself a clueless newbie, I feel I'm regressing.

Has anybody gotten PERL 5.003 working with Dynaloader under SCO 5.04? Have you then installed DBI and DBD:Oracle? If so, HOW!?!?!?!? Please let me know.

I have a BUNCH of stuff already done using OraPerl under 4.35, and really don't
want to spend the rest of my life on Pre-5 Perl. Received on Tue Jul 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message