Re: web database

From: JADA Productions <jada_at_webcom.no-spam.com>
Date: 1997/07/19

There are many ways to do this. If you have access to an IIS 3.0 Server use the Active Server Page extensions and connect to the ODBC source of your choice.

        -CORRECTION: ASP runs server-side - it can be viewed with ANY browser!

If you do not have the proper setup to build something yourself, we can help you out. Our service is inexpensive enough that you could forward the cost on to your client's and still make money.

We'll setup and maintain a fully-searchable database for you and allow you (or someone you choose) admin rights so the database could be maintained via any web browser.

If you'd like to discuss this project with us further or would like more information about our services, take a look at:

http://www.DiscussionOnTheWeb.com/about.asp

JADA Productions

> > > i am trying to desing a database for a cd shop that will be used on
> > > webserver so that surfers can browse and search the cd titles
> > > I have adequate knowledge of windows and UNIX programming.

 2. For ODBC databases, you could use ASP (Active Server Page) but must > >> > be viewed on IE only (no Netscape) or incorporate ActiveX Controls.   Received on Sat Jul 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message