DA Newsletter - Issue 1

From: Robert S. Seiner <rseiner_at_sgi.net>
Date: 1997/07/18

Dear Data Administration Enthusiast,

I am proud to announce the introductory issue of The Data Administration Newsletter. The focus of the newsletter is on sharing tips & techniques on managing data as a valued corporate asset. The newsletter is being delivered to you free of charge.

This issue of The Data Administration Newsletter (TDAN) contains articles on:

· data warehousing
· data denormalization
· the Zachman Framework
· information stewardship
· year 2000
· meta data standards
· OLAP and IRM, and more ...

The first issue of TDAN is complete with several features aside from the articles:

· questions and answers on DA topics
· organization updates
· misc items of interest
· a vendor corner

I am confident that you will find the articles and other content relevant to managing data in your organization.

The first issue of the newsletter was originally planned as a proto-type with information on how future issues would be structured. However, response to initial emailings and postings exceeded original expectations; At this time, 1,200+ people from the U.S. and abroad are on the distribution list.

The newsletter can be located at the following URL:

http://www.sgi.net/tdan

Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Best Regards.

Robert S. Seiner
The Data Administration Newsletter
Publisher and Editor
tdan_at_sgi.net Received on Fri Jul 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message