Re: RDBMS Vendor Neutral Data Replication

From: Joel Klebanoff <joel_klebanoff_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/07/18

Take a look at Praxis International (http://www.praxising.com). Their OmniReplicator supports data change replication among Oracle, Sybase and Informix (as well as Microsoft SQL Server and DB2). It can provide update-anywhere replication with data collision detection and resolution.

Their OmniCopy provides automated and networked snapshot copy distribution, with the same DBMS support list.

Both OmniReplicator and OmniCopy can partition data (column and row selection) and transform it,

They share a common graphical user interface and a common repository of partitioning, enhancement and other data movement rules. So, if you use OmniCopy to initialize a new replica and OmniReplicator to keep it up-to-date, you're ensured of consistency and you only have to define the rules once.

--
Joel Klebanoff
Klebanoff Associates, Inc.