Re: ODMBS vs. RDBMS vs. ORDBMS

From: Akmal B Chaudhri <akmal_at_no_spam.uk>
Date: 1997/07/16

I've just received (co-incidentally) to my above posting the following white paper from Objectivity:

	ODBMS Breaks Through the Relational Wall
	Dr Andrew E. Wade

This is a fairly substantial document (~90 pages) which looks as though it covers some of the issues I'm interested-in. Perhaps it's available on-line?

Anyone interested in comparisons of ODBMSs, should also check the DEXA '97 workshop proceedings (available September) for a very good paper that does a performance comparison of three ODBMSs, based on a real application by some people in Germany. Results seem to agree with mine in some areas.

Regards,

  • Akmal.

"The important thing is not to stop questioning." - Albert Einstein

| OOPSLA '97 Workshop on "Experiences Using Object Data Management" | | http://www.soi.city.ac.uk/~akmal/oopsla97.dir/workshop.html |