Re: Database and push channels

From: Randy Jordan <rw_jordan_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/07/15

In article <33CA83B6.72D0_at_lri.ucsf.edu>, Donny Tjandra <donnyt_at_lri.ucsf.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am seeking a way to subscribe to a row in a table in a database.
> When the row is updated or deleted, I get automatic notification by
> email, fax, phone, etc. Can any database product do this, and if not
> how would one go about implementing something like this?

Visit;

http://sybernet.sri.com/

or

http://spacely.sri.com/netscape.html

or

http://linux.sri.com/

and read about Sybercron a scheduled database event that mails the results.

RJ

Randy Jordan                            ATT Wireless Systems
(206) 803-2299                          (206) 803-7592
rw_jordan_at_mindspring.com                randy.jordan_at_mccaw.com
http://www.mindspring.com/~rw_jordan/