Re: Database and push channels

From: Nils Myklebust <Nils.Myklebust_at_idg.no>
Date: 1997/07/14

Using an Informix database it should be easy enough to implement a trigger that starts a stored procedure to do this. You would probably want to put the e-mail adress, fax or phone number into the table (as part of the "subscription") or possibly a reference to another table that contain this information to be used by the stored procedure.

Donny Tjandra <donnyt_at_lri.ucsf.edu> wrote:

:Hello,
:
: I am seeking a way to subscribe to a row in a table in a database.
: When the row is updated or deleted, I get automatic notification by
: email, fax, phone, etc. Can any database product do this, and if not
: how would one go about implementing something like this?

Nils.Myklebust_at_idg.no
NM Data AS, P.O.Box 9090 Gronland, N-0133 Oslo, Norway My opinions are those of my company
The Informix FAQ is at http://www.iiug.org Received on Mon Jul 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message