Re: oracle/ms sqlserver replicating

From: Eddy Orlowski <edorlow_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: 1997/07/06

Joel Vannorsdel <Joel_Vannorsdel_at_bigfoot.com> wrote:

You can do this with just Oracle.

  1. One way is to install Oracle's ODBC and copy tables with some MS SQL tool.
  2. The other way is, to use the Oracle Open Client Adapter tool, with which you can copy tables to and from an ODBC data source.

Of course you can't copy everything. I don't know any tool with which you can translate database procedures, nor copy tablespaces, or rollback segments (:-) in SQL Server.

>Robert McArthur wrote:

>> Dwayne K. Lanclos (lanclosd_at_flash.net) wrote:
 reporting/updating the

--
Eddy Orlowski
edorlow_at_xs4all.nl